Aquazone, at the National Aquatic Centre, is one of the most innovative water parks in Europe. The Centre has over 650,000 visitors per year. Aquazone offers thrills, water adventures and loads of fun. Rides include:
- Master Blaster (water roller coaster) – with hair-raising drops and thrilling banked curves, this is a rollercoaster-style ride that is a proven hair raiser.
- Flow Rider (Surfing Machine) – the fun and excitement of surfing, skateboarding and snowboarding in a truly interactive ride.
- Beach Pool – the waves start in the deep end of the pool and gradually wash up on the centre shoreline, just like the ocean.
- Pirate Ship – heaven for kids aged 8 and under. Full of safe and fun rides, complete with pirate ship, cannons and small slides.
- Flumes – continuous fun for all the family on a variety of high speed water Flumes, twisting and turning in a river of bends.
- Lazy River – float around the Beach Pool at two miles an hour, a relaxing 120 metre ride.
The opening times of Aquazone vary depending on the season. The general opening hours are from 10.00 am until 6.00 pm seven days a week, but the complex has longer opening hours in the peak season and at other high demand times. Consult their hard-to-follow website!
The off season period is from September to mid-May. Rides are limited mid-week and are only fully available on Fridays from 4.00 pm till 7.00 pm, at weekends, on bank holidays and and on mid-term breaks from 10.00 am till 6.00 pm.
The peak season is from June 3 until September 4. All rides are fully available every day.
The Competition Pool opens from 6.00 am until 10.00 pm on Monday-Friday and from 8.00 am-8.00 pm on Saturday-Sunday. The International Competition Pool is included in the price to day visitors. This is a 50 metre pool with movable floors and a comprehensive Academy of Swimming.
Rates for Off Season Period
Monday-Friday 10.00 am-12.00 pm
Pirate ship and Beach Pool ONLY – Adults: €6 Children: €4
Monday-Friday 12.00 pm-6.00 pm
Pirate ship and Beach Pool ONLY – Adults: €7.50 Children: €5
Saturday & Sunday 10.00 am-6.00 pm All Rides Fully Open
Adults: €16 Children: €14
Rates for the Peak Season
Full Pricing during School Holidays; at Weekends; and in the high season (June 3-September 4). Full Pricing is Adults: €16; children €14.
Weekend opening hours apply on Bank Holiday Mondays.
National Aquatic Centre, National Sports Campus, Snugborough Road, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15
Tel: 01- 6464 300