COVID-19 advice: Please follow current government advice and check opening times before travel.
Tailors’ Hall is Dublin’s oldest surviving guildhall. It was built in 1706 to accommodate the Guild of Tailors in Dublin. Since 1984, the building has been home to An Taisce, the National Trust for Ireland.
In its time Tailors’ Hall has passed through many uses, including entertainment, guilds, education, political meetings, an army barracks, and a courthouse. It is a two-storey building over basement, clad in red brick with a steep pitched roof. The entrance hall is brightly lit by tall round-headed windows. The interior includes a particularly fine staircase and several 18th century marble chimney pieces. Restored from dereliction in the 1960s, further work took place in the 1980s.
Visitors are welcome. Open Mon, Wed (9.00 am-5.00 pm) by appointment only. Closed for lunch: 1.00 pm-2.00 pm.
The building is closed for holiday periods.
Back Lane, off Christchurch Place, Dublin 8.
Tel: 01 454 1786
Admission €5. Free admission for An Taisce and National Trust members.