The Mansion House is the official residence of Dublin’s Lord Mayor. It was built as a townhouse (1705) for Joshua Dawson, the developer of Dawson Street and Nassau Street. It was sold to Dublin Corporation in 1715. It is the only mayoral residence in Ireland still used for its original purpose. It is also the oldest mayoral residence in Ireland and the UK (older than London by 15 years) and it is the oldest free-standing house in Dublin.
The house is not normally not open to the public.
Dawson Street, Dublin 2.