COVID-19 advice: Please follow current government advice and check opening times before travel.
An imposing complex built by the former British administration in Ireland, the building now accommodates the Department of An Taoiseach, the Department of Finance and the Office of the Attorney General.
When built by the British, the complex was designed for two new government departments, the Local Government Board and the Department of Agriculture and Technical Instruction, as well as the Royal College of Science, then housed in 51 St Stephen’s Green. By coincidence, the complex was completed in March 1922, and was available immediately to be occupied by the new Irish Free State government.
In more recent times, the building has been converted and entirely refurbished to form modern accommodation for a number of departments.
Please note that visiting arrangements are subject to cancellation on short notice (due to official State business) so visitors should phone in advance to avoid disappointment.
Tours take place every Saturday at 10.30 am, 11.30 am, 12.30 pm and 13.30 pm.
Tickets can be collected on any Saturday morning from the National Gallery, Merrion Square West, Dublin 2, from 10.00 am.
Upper Merrion Street, Dublin 2.
Tel: 01 645 8813.